“Ceramics Ireland aims to foster creativity, passion and excellence, raising the standard, quality and profile of all ceramic activity in Ireland”
- Ceramics Ireland magazine – 2 issues per year
- Annual members exhibitions
- Workshops / talks with reduced rates for members
- Travel Bursary – Sponsored by Scarva Pottery Supplies and Ceramics Ireland
- Peter Brennan Pioneering Award
- Ceramics Ireland International Festival – biennial event
We are delighted to announce the following exciting opportunities in celebration of the organisation 40 years: extra benefits for members in 2017
- A Commemorative Book is planned to document all of this special years events and activities to include essays/ exhibitions/ workshops/ awards/ bursaries and all members who participate in the exhibitions will be allocated a page this will include and an image and artist statement. . . the book is to be published early 2018. There will be a professional photoshoot organised to document the exhibitions.
- A new venue for our 40th Anniversary Open Submission Members Exhibition has been confirmed – The Printworks, Dublin Castle for 3 weeks in August – exact dates tbc. This is a very prestigious venue (previously used for the International Academy of Ceramics Exhibition in 2014) and we are delighted that we have secured this central location for our members, it is further testament to the standard and quality of the work of our members and also proof of the mutually beneficial relationship we have developed with the Mary Heffernan and the OPW over the years. We would like to see as many members as possible exhibit in the show, lets make it our best ever!
- The Annual Members Selected Exhibition will return to Rathfarnham Castle Arts in October – exact dates tbc
- We are delighted that articles by Frances McDonald on the organisations 40 years will feature in Ceramics Review and the Irish Arts Review in the coming months.
- Ceramics Ireland Thomastown Residency Award 2017 – All members of Ceramics Ireland are eligible to submit proposals for a one month residency in the newly developed Centre of Excellence in the Thomastown Pottery Skills and Design School. Deadline for proposals – May 1st, 2017 please email: Proposal max 500 words, CV, Artist Statement and 4/6 images(300dpi) to email@example.com The winner of the Ceramics Ireland Thomastown Residency Award 2017 will also receive a €500 stipend from Ceramics Ireland and may complete the residency in a one month block or 2 x 2week blocks, dates and details of the residency to be negotiated with Gus Mabelson, Director of the Pottery Skills and design School. It will be expected that the successful candidate would interact with the students of the course and give a presentation/slide talk about their practice.
- Blue Egg Gallery Bursary 2017 will be be presented at the Open Submission Members Exhibition at the The Printworks, Dublin Castle application forms will be available to download from our website in the coming weeks. Deadline June 30th.
- At the Annual Members Selected Exhibition we will be presenting the Peter Brennan Pioneering Potter Award and the Gallery Zozimus Purchase Award 2017.
- The Scarva Pottery Supplies Travel Bursary 2017 – application forms will be available to download from our website in the coming weeks – Deadline May 19th
- We have doubled the prize fund this year to €1000 for the Ceramics Ireland Award at the RDS Craft Awards this year. So don’t forget to submit an application deadline June 14th further info on www.rds.ie
- We are organising a hands on one day workshop on Saturday 22nd April in Thomastown to include Throwing/ Glazing and firings: wood/ raku/ reduction/oxidation in the rocket kilns/ Enamel Transfers – design and application, Fun with clay workshop for kids . . . booking forms attached. . .any other workshop suggestions welcomed.