- Ceramics classes with sculptor Ayelet Lalor
- Pottery classes: Teacher: Grainne Watts
- JIM ROBISON CERAMICS BOOTH HOUSE GALLERY
- RICHARD NOTKIN MOLDMAKING INSTITUTE 2012 SUMMER WORKSHOPS
Ceramics classes with sculptor Ayelet Lalor.
Ceramics classes with sculptor Ayelet Lalor. Through a series of handbuilding techniques and decorative methods the students will be taught to create and experiment in clay. Classes run continuously throughout the year.
Six week block €150 incl materials.
Studio 26, The Design Tower, Trinity Centre, Grand Canal Quay, Dublin 2
Pottery classes: Teacher: Grainne Watts
Adult education centre, Newpark Comprehensive, Blackrock, Co Dublin
Classes commence end of September. contact Joan at 012883725 for details and booking
JIM ROBISON CERAMICS BOOTH HOUSE GALLERY
3 Booth House Lane, Holmfirth Huddersfield HD9 2QT
Tel. 01484 685270 Web: jimrobison.co uk Email email@example.com
2012- 5 day CERAMIC COURSES -Begin 8th July, and12 August.
THE WORKSHOP: Started in 1975, the gallery and studio are housed in a converted 19th century stone barn near Holmfirth. Surrounded by breathtaking countryside (selected to feature on the TV series “Last of the Summer Wine”), the area is famous for its rural flavor and scenic walks. Now in its 36th year, the gallery is renowned for its excellent programme of Ceramic Exhibitions, while the studio specializes in one off ceramic works and architectural commissions.
THE COURSE: The emphasis is on personal development and therefore suitable for a wide range of abilities. We focus on hand-building and look at making methods and source material in a relaxed and supportive way. A whole range of work will be possible as we look at ceramic forms and surface textures. A visit to the Yorkshire Sculpture Park is planned mid-week. An evening of Raku firing is also on the agenda. Selected pieces will be glazed and stoneware fired for you. These can be collected later or posted on to you if required. Examples, demonstrations and discussion will form the basis of tuition. The working day will be from 9:30am to 1pm and from 2pm to 6pm, with optional evening work welcome.
This years courses will run on the weeks beginning the 8th of July and 12th August. The course will begin with introductions and light refreshment on Sunday evening at 6pm, and conclude on Friday at 1pm.
What to bring:– A selection of personal clay tools / Sketch pad and drawing materials / Camera / Note pad and pen / Apron or overalls and towel.
The accommodation: Comfortable bed and breakfast accommodation can be arranged for you. – 5 nights will cost approx. £150.00. We also have space available for camping or caravan. – 5 nights will cost £35.00
The cost:The cost of your week’s tuition is £450.00. This includes both lunch and evening meals, as well as tea and coffee during the day. It also includes all materials, Raku and other firings.
RICHARD NOTKIN MOLDMAKING INSTITUTE 2012 SUMMER WORKSHOPS
Relief Tile Design and Production
May 28-June 1, 2012
(Limited to twelve participants)
- Tile design aesthetics and basic relief techniques – Basic plaster technology and optimum mixing techniques – Press molding and slip-casting – Unusual and experimentalcasting/glazing techniques
- Prototype fabrication, clay/mixed media – Tile mold fabrication, simple to complex – Industrial/mass production techniques – And much more…
Tuition: $ 475 Studio/materials fee: $ 50 TOTAL: $ 525.
Work with a Master: Plaster Moldmaking / Ceramic Casting Session #1: June 18-29 / Session #2: July 30-August 10 (Limited to nine participants each session)
- Basic plaster technology and optimum mixing techniques – Multiple piece molds / complex multi-part mold mechanics – Key systems, pouring/draining systems, vents, etc. – Altering/combining/assembling unique castings
- Unusual and experimental casting techniques
- Prototype design and mold fabrication – Press molding and slip-casting -Slip formulation and deflocculation – Industrial/mass production techniques – And much more…
Tuition: $ 850 Studio/materials fee: $ 125 TOTAL: $ 975